Join our big family
Since 1981 Wildlife Rescue of New Mexico has taken care of thousands of injured, orphaned or sick animals. We are an all-volunteer organization and we rely on volunteers to do the work of taking care of these animals. Most volunteers work directly with the animals, while others provide assistance with many other essential tasks.
Our Needs are Many
1. Animal Care: Work alongside trained volunteers to help care for rescued wildlife. Duties include helping to make animal food, helping feed birds, cage care, and other duties. Working at the Clinic with the animals requires studying training materials (provided by us at no cost) and passing a test.
2. Office Work: We have a variety of needs including data entry and other general duties.
3. Phone Team: Work from home and answer calls from the public about wildlife-related concerns.
4. Events & Fundraising: Help plan, organize and participate special events and educational programs, assist with sales.
5. Raptor handling: Take special training to learn how to handle raptors for educational programs. Training requires participation at educational events.
Get in touch
WHAT OTHER VOLUNTEERS SAY
I have been a volunteer at Wildlife Rescue for five years. Not only do I enjoy helping animals, but I have made friends with many kind and compassionate people. I feel fortunate to be part of such a great team of dedicated volunteers.
The work I do with Wildlife Rescue is very rewarding and I’ve learned so much about birds and other animals. Nothing has been more thrilling to me than helping to take care of a rescued animal that is then released back into the wild.
I love volunteering for Wildlife Rescue and enjoy the variety of tasks that need to be done. I learn so much each day that I’m there and most of all, the people who work there are the best!